Saturday, October 20, 2007

BENFICA V CELTIC

I'm sorry if you don't like football, but the most important thing in Portugal next week is obviously the benfica v celtic game.

a few weeks ago i was quite confident about the game, but we have lots of injuries- so now i am not so sure... we have 3 right backs injured, two midfielders and a striker and today we are playing rangers so we will probably get even more injuries !

but from what i have seen so far, benfica don't look very good and your new signings aren't as good as you thought they were !

no matter what happens it can't be as bad as last year, when celtic were awful - probably the worst they have played in years...

i think it will be a draw - anybody want to bet ?

any benficistas out there - let me know what you think.

I will be at alto dos moinhos having beers and bifanas before and after the game if you want to meet up...

come on celtic - oh - quick question - where can i buy some green dye for my beard ?

G

4 comments:

moi said...

maybe now you could change the name of the blog???

Graham said...

no ! - i am confident that in two weeks time , the blog title will be justified again !!!

Graham said...

i thought we deserved a point last night, but am confident we will beat you in Glasgow. As for your 9 million euro guy, he didn't look very good - until he scored !

how come the stadium was so empty ?

Leonardo said...

In my opinion it wasn’t a good game. The first half was awful. I reckon the nil for both teams suited well. In the second half there was only Benfica on the pitch. I believe Celtic respected Benfica too much. Actually, during the second half I constantly asked myself: “Why on earth does Strachan keep Nakamura out? To keep the bench warm???” I think that was Celtic’s main problem Wednesday night.
Concerning the 9M € sign, I beg to differ from you Graham. The guy doesn’t know how to use his head, that’s true! However, he has a left foot…oh my God! The first shot he struggled to the crossbar was quite stupid. There was no need for such a shot power. But on the other hand, the second shot, the one at the left post, it was fantastic!
To sum up, I am sorry Graham, but Celtic deserved to be defeated. I can’t understand so much defending you did on Wednesday. And the proof is Boruc was your best player (this Polish is truly a world-class goalkeeper).