Monday, November 12, 2007

FASHION

SOMETHING THAT I KNOW ABSOLUTLY NOTHING ABOUT ... AS YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE BY THE WAY I DRESS - I SIMPLY DON'T CARE. I RECKON 50 % of guys are like this - maybe i am wrong. I probably did care one day, but because of my size it is impossible to buy things that i like and in my size. it is difficult in Scotland, but it is completely impossible here. The only shop i can buy things in here is Timberland because it is an american brand and has american sizes. But i hate clothes that have a logo on them. Why pay an extra 30 euros for a shirt with a small crocodile on it, when that shirt was made by slave labour in china or the phillipines or somewhere like that. i really recommend a book called "no logo" which tells you about the practices of large clothing companies. Ever since then i refuse to wear any clothes with labels on them and constamtly hunt for clothes without them. if i do buy something with a label on it, i unstitch the label and take it off. Anyway enough of my rantings over to you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fashion!!!!
That's interesting for both parties: women and men nowadays!!!
Well, obviously I like to see what's on the world but I also reckon that fashion is something that each one of us addapt to our own style; at least that's what I try to do... sometimes successfully, others not that successfully!!!
However, nowadays fashion is not only a subject for women discussion, it has began to be also on the mouths of guys; and as odd as it may seem, most of the times they give it as much importance as we do.
Times are changing...

Carmen Aleixo said...

Like Graham I'm not keen on branded clothes because you pay for the logo and not for the quality. Some clothes you buy in fairs (I don't mean counterfeit clothes from Dolce&Gabbana, Gant etc...) are of very good quality, very durable and, the most important, they are less than half the price of branded clothes. Especially for people who don't have money to burn like me, fairs are the perfect place to find fashionable, nice clothes that suit every pocket. I’ve bought almost all of my shirts, blouses and sweaters in fairs. As for trousers, I use to buy them in Berska, a very popular shop among young women, because they suit me. But what I really die for is accessories of all kinds: rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, purses, gloves, watches etc... When it comes to them, sometimes I loose my mind and spend a lot of money.
As far as guys and fashion is concerned I think they care more and more about their appearance. The idea that vanity is a thing for women and that men are supposed to have a rough appearance and stink is old-fashioned. At least I wouldn’t like to have a boyfriend like this! In my opinion, they have the same rights to worry about their beauty as us.

Diogo Santos said...

This is a topic that I don't talk about much. I see no interest on it what so ever.
As for brands... well I dress whatever I like, don't realy pay any attention to logos and the sort. When I go to a shop I have a general idea of what I need and if I see it for a reasonable price I buy it.
It's that simple.